New Zealand Apprenticeship in Facility Operations (Level 4)
This apprenticeship is for people who contribute to the smooth operation of facilities, places and spaces in te ahumahi ā-rēhia - the active recreation, leisure and entertainment sectors.
After completing the Facility Operations apprenticeship you will be ready to operate, monitor and maintain facilities that are welcoming and fit-for-purpose, where people from all walks of life can come along and get involved.
To enrol in this programme, you need to be working in a facility in te ahumahi ā-rēhia (active recreation, leisure or entertainment), in a paid job, or self-employed.
If you don't have a role lined up, contact us to talk about how we can help.
This 121-credit apprenticeship is designed to be completed in up to 2 years.
You'll be trained and observed in the workplace. Your assessments will be completed online.
Key learning areas include:
- Monitoring, operating and maintaining facility, equipment, resources and spaces to meet operational requirements, plans and processes
- Monitoring facility to effectively manage hazards and risk, and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Responding to the diverse needs of different groups, to break down barriers to using a facility or active recreation space
- Delegating tasks in an ethical and professional manner
- Taking responsibility for skill currency, by keeping up awareness of emerging technologies and trends, and taking part in ongoing professional development.